I don’t know about you, but personally, I love reading tag posts and getting to know my favourite bloggers and vloggers a little better. I always think it’s interesting to get to know the actual person behind a blog, rather than just read their opinions on certain products from time to time. Blogging has evolved so much over the years, and today, it’s as much about the person behind the computer rather than just what they represent on the surface. With that in mind, I wanted to share the 35 Facts About Me Tag with you! Here we go…
1. I have a National Diploma and a Certificate in Education in Fashion Design.
2. I once helped to style a Photo Shoot for The Drums for the Guardian’s G2 magazine…and had no idea who they were!
The Drums. Shot by Frederike Helwig on our shoot for the Guardian’s G2 magazine
3. I’m frequently told I look like Adele.
4. I have a degree in Journalism.
5. I love dogs but was always allergic to them. I found a stray six years ago that was a Chihuahua cross and wasn’t allergic to her, so I finally got a dog of my own. I now have two Long Haired Chihuahuas, Lily who is almost six, and Alfie who is one.
Lily and Alfie posing for a picture mid-walkies at Nostell Priory
6. I was once an extra in Where The Heart Is – I was in the background cheering at a football match.
7. I rarely drink. Alcohol just doesn’t agree with me anymore and makes me seriously sick.
8. I can tie a cherry stalk in a knot with my tongue.
9. I used to take singing lessons every week and always wanted to be a pop star. I went as far as to send a tape into Stars In Their Eyes when I was about 10. I could have been Beyonce but, you know, I couldn’t sing….
10. I made the squad to be a cheerleader for the Leeds Celtics team back at Uni.
11. My makeup work is known internationally and my Halloween makeup was labelled the ‘best in the world’ by the local media. This was just unreal to me and gave me a extra boost of drive and determination to succeed.
12. People who misspell definitely as ‘defiantly’ make me feel really irritated.
13. I once wrote a negative review on a fashion show for a magazine I was working for, and was threatened with being sued. My editor thought it was hilarious and was thrilled with the extra hits the magazine’s website was getting. I never got into trouble and always stood by my review, the show really was pretty bad!
14. Setting up my own business was the best thing I ever did. It’s been hard work, exhausting and a huge worry, but nothing compares to the feeling of freedom and pride I have at building up my own little empire.
15. I love coffee! If I don’t have at least one coffee a day, I feel grumpy, frustrated and get a raging headache. I like my coffee to be strong and with one sugar.
16. I was really badly bullied when I was younger both physically and verbally. I was once punched in class and had my lip bust several times. It was so bad that I didn’t think life was worth living any more. What I realise now is this – the people who do the bullying don’t get anywhere in life, but those that were the victims become the victorious.
17. I am an only child. I totally think that’s why I enjoy my own company and can’t wait for downtime on my own after being out and about or in a group of people.
18. I love cinema dates on rainy days and always have to have popcorn and chocolate ready for the film. My favourite is Sweet and Salted mixed together, but I prefer the Butterkist or Proper Corn versions so I always take my own!
19. I’m scared to death of portaloos. I’m not even joking, they terrify me beyond belief.
20. I’m more of a winter person than a summer person. I love Autumn and winter and get really excited as soon as the leaves begin to turn and the pumpkin spice lattes start to come out.
21. I have a thing for Adam Richman. You know, the Man vs Food guy? Dreamy.
22. I used to take adult ballet classes and Pole fit classes. You wouldn’t believe the amount of bruises you get from pole class or how bad it hurts the next day! Pole dancing truly is an art and it’s damn hard!
23. I’ve taken a course in Burlesque dancing and learned how to perform a striptease! I always wanted to take Burlesque classes and when the chance came along, I grabbed it.
24. I almost died at Fresher’s Week due to a leaky toilet in my en-suite that caused mould spores to get into my lungs and triggered something much worse off. I was hospitalised for a while and spent months at home out of uni recovering.
25. I’ve been abroad less than a handful of times, and haven’t had a real holiday since 2006.
26. I regret not standing up for myself more in the past. Whether it be with old bosses, old friends or bullies at school.
27. I only had three proper driving lessons before I took my driving test and passed first time. My dad taught me the rest.
28. I prefer animals to most people.
29. My mum and dad hired a fire engine to come pick me up and take me and my friends into town on my 18th birthday. It was a HUGE surprise and I screamed my head off. I spent most of the journey shouting at people over the tannoy and singing.
30. My absolute favourite show on TV is American Horror Story. I aspire to work on set for the show in the future or at least have some connection to it.
31. I’ve always been very spiritual and I love going to spiritualist church every so often, although I’m not a religious person at all.
32. I first started blogging ten years ago with a street style blog called Urban Kitty’s. I used to take photographs of cool looking people in the street and post it to my blog, sartorialist style!
33. My first car was a grey Nissan Micra that I called Alfie and I filled it with Hello Kitty car mats, air fresheners and a tax disc holder. Looking back, it makes me cringe but I loved it at the time!
34. Sometimes when I’m tired, I can write a whole sentence backwards without even realising…
35. Halloween is one of my favourite holidays and I get seriously excited for it coming along every year. I always try to go at leat one local attraction like York Maze Hallowscream or Alton Tower’s Scarefest.
© This post is copyright of Rachael Divers 2016.