Welcome to another tag post! Today I’m answering the Beauty Blogger Tag, volume two! As I’ve said before, I love reading tag posts as it really helps me to get to know the person behind the blog and learn a little more about them on a personal level rather than a blogging front. Enjoy!
1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
My hair is naturally really curly! I do like to straighten it after washing it though. The next day, it usually falls into nice, relaxed waves which I much prefer. I just don’t feel polished enough with my naturally curly hair.
2. What is your natural hair colour?
Ginger! I’m a natural redhead.
3. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
I don’t dye my hair at all. I used to dye it frequently when I was at college and uni, but after a bad experience with a hairdresser who tried to remove the colour, my hair broke off and was so short and dried out. I cried about it all the time and even wore a wig for two years until my hair began to grow back properly again. It’s pretty long now so all I do with it is wash and condition it!
4. How often do you wash your hair?
Two to three times weekly. I try to put a treatment on it each week too that I leave on for a full day. All I use is 100% virgin organic coconut oil.
5. Do you wear the same style every day or change it?
I change it quite a lot! Sometimes I get bored of having just one style so changing it up is just second nature to me. I especially like to change my makeup up a lot. One day I might be natural and just wear a BB cream and cream blush, the next day I might be full on Instaglam style with lashes and liner!
6. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
I love visiting a salon but I haven’t been for a fair while now. I’m well overdue an appointment! Since I started to teach at college, my nails have to be short and unpolished so I haven’t had much need to stop by and have a manicure.
7. How often to you change your nail polish?
Not very often at all. If I’m having gel polish, I change it every two to three weeks, if it’s nail polish, I stick to the same shade for absolute months but I’ll remove it and re-apply it as soon as it’s chipped or looks a little worn.
8. Do you polish your toes in the winter, too or just in the summer?
I polish them throughout both seasons because it makes me feel much more put together and polished.
9. How long does it take to put on your makeup?
Around an hour, sometimes longer. I always get up around two and a half hours before I need to leave the house so I have plenty of time to grab a coffee, catch up on YouTube and of course, fuss the dogs before I need to leave to work!
10. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
I used to always do my face first but now I always start with brows followed by eyes. It used to sound like a foreign concept to me, but I find it so much better now.
11. Do you “collect” makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
I do collect a few pieces, but mostly, I buy when I need it. I subscribe to beauty boxes like Glossybox
which means I get a delivery of makeup/beauty supplies monthly so I love to stock up on those.
12. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
I used to wear them daily at university. I know, right…turning up for my politics lectures wearing falsies wasn’t totally necessary but I just loved them! These days, I only wear them for special occasions or if I’m putting together a makeup look for my business page or blog.
13. Do you do a full face of makeup every day?
Not every day no. Some days I don’t wear any makeup at all. If I’m going out somewhere, I’ll put makeup on, but if I’m home with nowhere else to go, I let my skin have a break.
14. Do you wear makeup when you are home alone (or with family)?
Only if I’m shooting a makeup look for my blog or business page.
15. Will you leave the house without makeup?
Yes! Sometimes I do, but I must admit, I always feel better with at least something on. Some days, you just want your skin to feel completely clean and fresh.
16. How many high end products do you have?
I have quite a few high end products thanks to companies sending them out for me to trial and review. But honestly, I don’t tend to buy masses of the real high end products. I do have a beautiful Givenchy mascara and lipstick that I was gifted by my parents, but most of my makeup is mid-market from the likes of MAC or Illamasqua and most of my skincare is drugstore unless I’ve been sent a product complimentary.
17. How often do you wash your makeup brushes?
Twice a week. I love to have them fresh to cut down the risk of spreading bacteria and causing new spots. Plus I think your makeup applies so much better when they’re fresh too!
18. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you are getting dressed?
I usually plan my outfit the evening before along with accessories and makeup!
19. How often do you change your handbag?
I don’t typically buy new bags very often, but I do rotate around my collection once every month or so.
20. What time do you get up & go to sleep?
I go to bed around 11am and wake up at 6 on work days. If I’m having a lie-in, I’ll wake up around 8.
21. How often & when do you workout?
I don’t work out often! I walk my dogs, I do Yoga and Ballet Barre at home and that’s your lot right now.
22. Left-handed or Right-handed?
I’m right handed.
23. How tall are you?
I’m 5ft 4 AND A HALF!
24. Do you speak a foreign language?
Not fluently. Not much at all!
25. How many pets do you have?
I have two beautiful long-haired chihuahuas called Lily and Alfie. Lily is 5 and is Fawn, and Alfie is 1 and is Silver Blue Fawn.
26. How often are you on Blogger?
I don’t use Blogger at all!
27. Do you read the comments posted blogs?
I always read comments.
28. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
Yes I do – I keep a mental list or if it’s something I can’t wait to try, I’ll note it down on my Excel spreadsheet I keep of all the things I need to buy. I know, sad isn’t it….
29. How did you come up with your blog name?
My blog name is just my real name! I didn’t want to be known as anything other than myself. I’ve had blogs in the past that have gone under different names (Urban Kitty’s for example which was street-style blog) and I just felt like I’d grown up from that and wanted my real name to be the leading title.
30. What kind of camera do you use for photographs?
I use a Canon 5d Mk2 or my iPhone 5C.
31. How often do you clean your house? (Daily, weekly, other)
32. What is your favourite colour?
White. I love things to look fresh and clean.
33. What is your favourite beauty/fashion magazine?
I love reading Makeup Artist magazine.
34. Do you swear?
Not really – I don’t really like swearing at all. It’s so brash and common!
35. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
As this post goes live, I’ll be making over some gorgeous prom queens, and teaching makeup artistry all afternoon to my college students so it’ll be a busy day for sure.
I hope you enjoyed The Beauty Blogger Tag Volume 2 and got to know me a little bit better! I tag anybody who’d like to take part – make sure you leave me your links so I can read your posts too!
© This post is copyright of Rachael Divers 2016.