Now that we’ve hit November and the Christmas decorations are starting to appear on the high street along with the faint hum of Christmas songs drifting through the air, I think it’s safe to say most people have probably started their christmas shopping or are making their lists ready to send off to Santa. With that in mind, I thought I’d write my beauty lovers Christmas gift guide a little earlier this year to give you some gorgeous ideas of some of the most beautiful beauty gifts on offer from skincare, to bodycare to makeup. Welcome to my top ten beauty lovers christmas gift guide…
For a committed beauty lover, I can’t think of anything more exciting than a brand new beauty treat over the twelve days of advent. For me, the Charlotte Tilbury advent calendar ticks all the boxes and is definitely up there with this years luxury advent calendars. Yes, it’s much pricier than your regular chocolate advent calendar but will definitely last much longer than your favourite chocolatey treats! Included in the calendar you’ll find both miniature and full sized products along with Charlotte’s not yet released Magic Night Cream! The products you can expect to enjoy are:
- 15ml Magic Cream
- 15ml Take It All Off
- 15ml Wonderglow
- 15ml Multi Miracle Glow
- 15ml Supermodel Body
- 15ml Goddess Skin Clay Mask
- Mini K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick in Penelope Pink
- Matte Revolution Lipstick in Red Carpet Red
- Lip Magic
- Mini Rock ‘N’ Kohl Eye Liner in Supernova
- Nocturnal Cat Eyes Eye Shadow in On The Prowl
- 15ml Magic Night Cream
One of my favourite makeup artists and the Makeup Creative Director at Lancome, Lisa Eldridge was one of the first makeup artists I subscribed to on YouTube and I was so excited when she announced the launch of her book, Face Paint. The book isn’t full of makeup tips and tricks like you might expect from Lisa, but rather a look into makeup through the ages. The synopsis says: “Lisa Eldridge, one of the world’s foremost make-up artists–with a very large and loyal public following of her own–has written the first real history of the subject. Face Paint will explore the reasons behind make-up’s use, the actual materials employed and manufactured through the ages, the icons that people emulate, the impact on women’s lives and the present and future of make-up from high profile practitioners artists to cosmetic breakthroughs. Along with the glamorous trappings, this is also about women’s history and the ways in which we can understand their story through the prism of make-up.”
For anybody like myself who loves learning about history as well as new techniques, this book will certainly be well cherished.
3. Zoeva Makeup Brushes
Zoeva brushes have earned their place in both the makeup artist and beauty lovers makeup kits. From gorgeous collections in black and silver to the beautiful Rose Gold editions, I absolutely love these brushes! My favourite picks are the Rose Golden Brush set and the Rose Golden Complete Eye set.
The Rose Golden brush set £56.95
A beautiful set of brushes crafted with natural and synthetic bristles with that gorgeous rose gold colour scheme. The brushes are ideal for both liquid and powder makeup and come with a gorgeous clutch bag too!
The set contains:
- Powder Brush – A super soft, Vegan friendly makeup tool for flawless powder application. Designed to achieve silky smooth application of loose and pressed powder makeup, Powder Brush is your ultimate choice for daily makeup tender loving care. Beautifully shapes to apply loose and pressed powder with ease and precision, Powder Brush features hand crafted Taklon bristles which feel like velvet on the skin.
- Silk Finish Brush – A Vegan friendly foundation brush, Silk Finish Brush features Taklon bristles which offer silky smooth application of powder foundation and mineral makeup. Guaranteeing a tender and natural makeup finish, Silk Finish Brush ensures your foundation has a silky, natural finish.
- Face Shape Brush – A compact face brush for precise and detailed contouring. With a rounded shape and compact design, Face Shape Brushis a makeup artists darling for creating a special WOW effect and allure on the facial contours. Smooth, Vegan friendly Taklon bristles work harmoniously with cream, liquid or powder makeup and offer effortless application for a flawless finish. Perfect for creating airbrushed contours along the cheekbones, jaw line and temples, Face Shape Brush is the ultimate beauty tool for contouring and blending.
- Luxe Sheer Cheek Brush – An exquisite blusher brush which allows for ultra-soft contouring and shading. Designed to achieve irresistibly beautiful cheeks with one effortless sweep, Luxe Sheer Cheek Brush is perfect for use with pressed and loose powder blusher. A feast for all senses, Luxe Sheer Cheek Brush has an angled shape which fits the contours of the cheeks perfectly and caresses the skin with supreme gentleness. Premium quality Natural Goat Hair bristles deliver an even and flawless coverage whilst the professional design allows you to contour and shape your face with ease and perfection.
- Concealer and Buffer Brush – An innovative makeup tool which flawlessly applies and blends concealer and correction makeup. Beautifully soft and caring for the delicate eye area, Concealer and Buffer Brush offers great coverage to conceal dark circles and discolouration around the eyes with cream, liquid or powder concealers. The roundly bound, Vegan Taklon bristles fit perfectly around the eyes and into every small corner of the face for effortless application. Perfect for hiding redness and dark circles, Concealer and Buffer Brush allows you to achieve a flawless and natural makeup finish.
- Soft Definer Brush – A super soft eye shadow brush which smoothes and defines your eye colour. The perfect tool for creating smooth transitions between eye shadows and creating soft, seductive and feminine looks, Soft Definer Brush is perfect for pressed powder andloose pigment eye shadows. The flat, oval head is beautifully handcrafted with Natural Goat Hair bristles and is the ideal choice for blending eye shadow in the crease of the eye and creating stunning effects and glamorous looks.
- Petit Crease Brush – A tapered eye shadow brush which accentuates the crease of the eyes. Designed to achieve breath-taking eye looks emphasised with Hollywood glamour, Petit Crease Brush is an essential beauty tool for professional crease definition and a perfect eye contour. Perfect for blending shade transitions to eliminate contrasting edges, Petit Crease Brush has an innovative tapered head expertly crafted with incredibly soft, Natural Goat Hair bristles which will create a gorgeously even and absolutely flawless colour finish for enchanting makeup results to fall in love with. The pointed tip of the brush allows for professional, detailed working whilst the petite size is perfect for small eyes.
- Wing Liner Brush – A broad, angled eyeliner brush which is perfect for creating professional winged eyeliner looks. Beautifully handcrafted with fine Vegan friendly Nylon bristles, Wing Liner Brush is the ultimate tool for achieving expressive statement lid lines. Featuring an exquisite angled head which easily adapts to your natural lash line, Wing Liner Brush offers easy and flawless application of your favourite gel, cream, liquid and powder eyeliners.
A beautiful 12 piece gift set which is ideal for creating both natural and glamorous eye looks! I can’t even tell you how gorgeous this set is, I don’t know if I’d even want to use these brushes if I got them as a gift, they’re just too pretty! This set also comes with a bag.
The set contains:
- 142 Concealer and Buffer Brush – Beautifully soft and caring for the delicate eye area, 142 Concealer and Buffer Brush offers great coverage to conceal dark circles and discolouration around the eyes with cream, liquid or powder concealers. The roundly bound, Vegan Taklon bristles fit perfectly around the eyes and into every small corner of the face for effortless application.
- 224 Luxe Defined Crease Brush – A professional makeup brush which offers feather-like blending for eye shadow. Beautifully handcrafted with a blend of Synthetic and Natural bristles, 224 Luxe Defined Crease Brush is ideal for use with pressed and loose powder eye shadow. The feathery bristles allow for optimal product distribution for seamless and detailed blending.
- 226 Smudger Brush – Perfect for use with eye shadow powders and kohl eyeliner, 226 Smudger Brush applies, shades and blends eye colour along the lash line. The professional, short Vegan Synthetic bristles provide maximum cover control and is an absolute must for truly professional looking seductive cat eyes and smoky effects.
- 227 Luxe Soft Definer Brush – A super soft eye shadow brush which smoothes and defines your eye colour. The perfect tool for creating smooth transitions between eye shadows, 227 Luxe Soft Definer Brush is perfect for pressed powder and loose pigment eye shadows.
- 228 Luxe Crease Brush – A multi-tasking eye shadow brush which blends and shades eye makeup in the crease of the eye. 228 Luxe Crease Brush is an essential makeup brush for professional crease definition and a perfect eye contour. 228 Luxe Crease Brush has a unique fluffy design which fits into the contours of the eyelid crease and takes the edge off colour.
- 230 Luxe Pencil Brush – The key to sexy smoky eyes, 230 Luxe Pencil Brush offers professional application in the crease of the eye and along the lash line. Shaped like a pencil, 230 Luxe Pencil Brush works to emphasise every corner of the eye area and is the ideal tool for precise shading, covering up and smoothing edges in the eyelid. 230 Luxe Pencil Brush has a unique triangular shape and is handcrafted with compact Natural Pony Hair bristles which absorb excess colour.
- 231 Luxe Petit Crease Brush – A tapered eye shadow brush which accentuates the crease of the eyes, 231 Luxe Petit Crease Brush creates exceptional crease definition and a perfect eye contour. Perfect for blending shade transitions to eliminate contrasting edges, 231 Luxe Petit Crease Brush has an innovative tapered head expertly crafted with incredibly soft, Natural Goat Hair bristles which will create an even and flawless colour finish.
- 234 Luxe Smoky Shader Brush – The ultimate eye shadow brush for creating professional smoky effects. The perfect brush for a mystic, smoky eye look, 234 Luxe Smoky Shader Brush is a soft and gentle eye brush for effortless application of eye shadow on the upper and lower lid.
- 237 Detail Shader Brush – A small and dense eye shadow brush which is perfect for detailed eye makeup work. 237 Detail Shader Brush is an excellent choice for working eye shadow into the inner corners of the eyes and to set special highlights to your eye makeup. Expertly crafted with soft, Natural Goat Hair bristles, 237 Detail Shader Brush has a dense, domed shape which adapts perfectly to the natural shape of the eye.
- 315 Fine Liner Brush – An extremely fine eyeliner brush which is perfect for precise application of cream, gel and liquid based eyeliners. Achieve classic and ladylike eye definition with this professional eyeliner brush. Boasting a fine point and exquisitely fine Nylon bristles, 315 Fine Liner Brush is an indispensable tool for a classic, subtle look.
- 317 Wing Liner Brush – A broad, angled eyeliner brush which is perfect for creating professional winged eyeliner looks. Beautifully handcraftedwith fine Vegan friendly Nylon bristles, 317 Wing Liner Brush is the ultimate tool for achieving expressive statement lid lines. Featuring an exquisite angled head which easily adapts to your natural lash line, 317 Wing Liner Brush offers easy and flawless application of gel, cream, liquid and powder eyeliners.
- 322 Brow Line Brush – A short, angled brush which makes application of brow colour and powder a breeze. Suitable for all cream and powder eyebrow cosmetics, 322 Brow Line Brush is a wide, short and slightly angled makeup brush which is beautifully crafted with Vegan friendly Taklon bristles.
MAC have done it again with beautiful pots of pigments and glitter all wrapped up in a gorgeous gift set. I’ll admit, I was too late to the party last year and missed out on these beauties as they sold out so quickly! In fact, I believe they’re already sold out over on the MAC website but may still be available on other online shopping outlets and in stores.
There are three sets, Purple, Gold and Blue and to be honest, I find it so hard to pick a favourite although I lean very strongly to the purple set. The stunning mini sets are packaged together in a clutch that features the bold metallic hues of MAC’s holiday collection with ribbed black accents. Simply gorgeous!
5. Sigma Complete Brush Kit in Copper $411 (around £270)
Okay, so this post is a little brush heavy, but as a makeup artist or a makeup lover, you can never, ever, ever have too many brushes…right? If I were to pick my dream set of brushes right now, it would be the Sigma complete brush kit which I’ve been lusting over for, oh..I don’t know…my whole life (okay, maybe not that long!)
Anyway, my ideal brush set would come in that lovely rose gold hue (obviously) and this set is just perfection. The set contains 29 of Sigma’s best selling brushes and a gorgeous carry case. The brushes included are:
- E05 – Eye Liner: Create smooth and even lines. Use with gel or liquid liners.
- E10 – Small Eye Liner: Precise application of liner. Use with gel or liquid liners.
- E15 – Flat Definer: Sharp and precise application. Press product along upper and lower lash lines to create an easy thin liner. Works with gel, liquid or powder products.
- E20 – Short Shader: Concentrated color application. Apply color onto small areas of the eye such as the outer eyelid. Also use to smudge the lower lash line.
- E25 – Blending: Controlled blending. Blend colors together onto the lid with added control. Buff out harsh lines for a well blended effect.
- E30 – Pencil: Soften and smoke out lines. Soften pencil liners along the top and bottom lash lines, add shadow to line the eyes, or use to highlight inner corner of eyes.
- E35 – Tapered Blending: Controlled application of crease color. Using just the tip of the brush to pick up color, apply directly onto the crease and sweep through. Effect is blended, but defined.
- E40 – Tapered Blending: Soft blended crease. Using just the tips to apply color, sweep back and forth through the crease for a diffused and blended finish.
- E45 – Small Tapered Blending: Precise color application onto the crease. Picking up color with just the tip of the brush, apply intense colors to the crease to add depth and dimension to the eye.
- E50 – Large Fluff: Controlled highlighting. Apply highlighting shades onto the brow bone or upper cheekbone. Gives a soft and blended finish.
- E55 – Eye Shading: Even application of color. Place color across the whole lid for an even and strong application of product.
- E60 – Large Shader: Uniformly cover the whole lid with product. Apply cream shadow base or cream shadow for quick and even coverage.
- E65 – Small Angle: Create precise lining. Moves fluidly and easily across the upper and lower lash lines. Use with gel, cream or powder liners.
- E70 – Medium Angled Shading: Soft application of color. Use for brow highlighting or to blend the crease.
- F05 – Small Contouring: Contour cheeks. Buff and blend contour shades under cheekbone and jaw line for a chiseled look.
- F10 – Powder/Blush: Precise placement of blush. Use for powder application.
- F15 – Duo Fibre Powder/Blush: Soft blush application. Generates a diffused blush application. Works especially well with mineral product for a natural and delicate effect.
- F20 – Large Powder: Controlled bronzer application. Bronzing of the cheekbones and temple area. Using the flat side gives definition and control.
- F25 – Tapered Face: Exact product placement onto cheeks. Apply powder, blush or contour shades onto the cheeks and temples. Tapered shape gives exact placement of product.
- F30 – Large Powder: Even powder application .Uniform blending of powder products onto the face and body.
- F35 – Tapered Highlighter: Subtle highlighting. Apply highlighting shades onto the upper contours of the face. Diffused finish gives skin a natural glow.
- F40 – Large Angled Contour: Cheek application. Use the angle to softly contour the cheekbone. Can also be used to apply blush.
- F50 – Duo Fibre: Creates an airbrush effect onto the skin. Can be used with powder, liquid or cream products.
- F55 – Small Duo Fibre: Creates a controlled airbrush effect onto the skin. Use with cream or powder blush and highlighting products.
- F60 – Foundation: Smooth foundation application. Apply liquid or cream products such as foundation and primer.
- F65 – Large Concealer: Conceal larger areas of the face or body. Works well with liquid or cream products.
- F70 – Concealer: Conceal small areas. Conceal the hardest to reach areas such as around the nose and eyes.
- F75 – Concealer: Precise product placement. Use around the lip area to conceal when wearing bold lip colors.
- L05 – Lip: Precise application of color onto the lips. Use the firm edge to define and contour the lips.
6. Lush Sweet Christmas gift set £35.50
I don’t think you can ever go wrong gifting a gorgeous Lush gift set to any beauty lover. From sweet treats to skincare, they’ve got us covered! One of my favourite sets that I’ve seen so far this year is the Sweet Treats Christmas gift set which contains:
- Magic Wand reusable Bubble Bar
- Rose Jam Bubbleroon
- Yog Nog Bath Bomb
- Lush Luxury Pud Bath Bomb
- Tooth Fairy Tooth Powder
- The Comforter Shower Cream
- Snow Fairy Shower Gel
I feel that Soap and Glory products are seriously overlooked by many when it comes to the beauty world. Their product range not only looks fab and cutesy-vintage, but smells gorgeous too and the moisturisers leave skin feeling oh so soft and smooth. For anybody who has ever tried Dior’s Miss Dior perfume, I think some of the Soap and Glory products smell exactly the same and they’re just divine! Particularly Clean On Me body wash and the Girligo Moisture Mist.
I also absolutely love their Sexy Mother Pucker plumping lip gloss and Thick and Fast collagen coat mascara. There are many, many gift sets to choose from, but this one covers a wide range of products that I think any beauty lover would love! The set includes:
- Clean On Me Moisture Shower Gel
- Sugar Crush The Scrub Of Your Life Body Buffer
- The Righteous Butter Body Butter
- Hand Food Hand Cream
- Heel Genius Foot Cream
- Thick and Fast High-Definition Collagen-Coat Mascara
- Thick and Fast Peaches and Clean 4-in-1 Wash Off Deep Cleansing Milk
- The Righteous Butter Instant Sunkissed Tint Body Lotion
- Sexy Motherpucker Lip Gloss in Rose and Shine
- Cosmetics case
Remember the hype over the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomades last year? Well, they’re still massive news in the makeup world and still an amazing gift for the beauty lover! Create precise, covergirl style brows with this waterproof and smudgeproof formula which adheres to each individual brow hair for a super flattering result. You can even use it an eyeliner. Who doesn’t love a two in one?!
If you’re not sure on which shade you should pick up for that special someone (or yourself, of course), then take a look at the handy shade finder guide below.
9. LIT Glitter £6.80
Christmas and New Year’s Eve are definitely two great times of the year to sparkle, and what better way to incorporate a little sparkly glam into your look than adding it into your eye makeup? LIT glitters are amazing little pots of joy that come in a massive assortment of colours and glitter sizes – from superfine micro cut to chunkier large cut and holographic (solid glitter that reflects all primary colour), shimmer (translucent glitter that reflects rainbow halo) and solid (solid colour with no multi-colour reflection). Some of my absolute favourite colours that are on my wish list this year are, Top L-R: Rich and Famous 2, Soul Sister, Magic Dragon. Bottom L-R: Heavy Metal, Heartbreaker and Afternoon Delight.
10. Too Faced Natural Eye Shadow Collection £28.80
I’ve recently been so impressed by the Too Faced eye palettes and absolutely fell in love with their Natural Eye Shadow collection. I remember my parents giving me a Too Faced boxed palette years and years go for Christmas and it was one of my first very special palettes that I treasured. Buttery soft shadows with great pigmentation that are long wearing and presented so nicely – a gorgeous gift to find under the christmas tree. This palette also features two of my favourite ever shades from Too Faced – the beautiful gold Honey Pot and the deliciously dark Sexpresso!
With three rows of colours to take you from day to night and a more ‘fashion led’ look, the palette is so easy to wear for natural and that little bit more glam look.
I hope that you enjoyed this years top ten beauty lovers christmas gift guide and that it’s given you a little giftspiration for that special someone in your life! Look out for my ‘Top 15 Christmas Beauty Gifts for £10 or under’ coming soon!
© This post is copyright of Rachael Divers 2015.