Today I wanted to share a little recipe with you all that I’ve been absolutely loving lately! I’m really into health foods and healthy snacking at the moment, and I’m a huge advocate of eating healthily for both health and beauty reasons. What we put into our body shows on the outside, so eating nutritious, healthy foods ensures that our skin glows and that our nails and hair are healthy and glossy. And who wouldn’t want that?
These nut free peanut butter & date bites are perfect for giving you a little guilt free treat when you need that little pick-me-up, and they’re also packed with a little goodness too such as fiber, protein and healthy fats. What’s more, it’s totally nut free so great for nut allergy sufferers like me!
I found the original recipe from Minimalist Baker and adapted it to suit exactly how I like my energy bites to be!
What you’ll need
- 1 cup Pitted dates (Western Pitted Dates worked well for me)
- 3 tbsp WOW Butter (nut free butter made completely out of Soya beans! The crunchy version is my favourite)
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds (I use Clever Chia Seeds from Holland and Barrett)
- 2/3 cup Rolled Oats (I use Mornflake)
- 1/4 cup Dairy Free Chocolate (I love the Holland and Barrett Humdinger Dairy Free Chocolate Buttons or the Moo Free Chocolate with banana pieces)
- Dessicated Coconut for rolling the bites
- Soak the dates in warm water for ten minutes before draining thoroughly and whizzing up in a blender – I use my Nutribullet
- Add the WOW Butter, Chia Seeds, Rolled Oats and Dairy Free Chocolate to the dates
- Blend together
- Take a spoonful of mixture and roll into a ball then roll into the coconut to top
- Pop in an airtight container and freeze for ten minutes to set
- Either keep in the freezer or fridge (I keep mine in the freezer) and snack away!
Voila! Guilt free, delicious snacks perfect for elevenses or an evening nibble.
© This post is copyright of Rachael Divers 2016.