Sometimes it’s nice to experiment with hair and makeup and create looks that are usually out of your comfort zone. One of my friends is getting married this February and has a 1920’s theme to her wedding so it’s the perfect excuse to delve into some vintage glamour and really have fun playing dress up.
I wanted to share the two different looks that I created while I was experimenting with makeup and hair for the wedding day– one being a dark, deep 20’s inspired look with a modern twist on the hair, and the second being my vintage wedding hair run through.
To achieve the big bouncy curls, I used my Babyliss curling tongs and pinned each curl up throughout the night while I slept. I took the curls out the following morning and gently brushed them out adding a little oil to the ends. I teased my hair at the root to get that exaggerated lift and flipped my hair over to one side adding a pretty headband as the finishing touch.
The final piece of my outfit will be this stunning Jenny Packham dress that I found yesterday in Meadowhall. Even better, the dress was in the sale so it was definitely fate. I knew as soon as I saw it on that it was ‘the one’ and would be the perfect dress for that vintage starlet/20’s vibe.
Key products used
- Illamasqua Precision Brow Gel
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
- MAC Studio Fix Fluid
- Urban Decay Bronzer
- Illamasqua eye shadow in Wolf, Vintage, Obsidian and Stealth
- Urban Decay eye shadow in Fix, Dare and Stun
- MAC Extended Play Gigablack Lash Mascara
- Body Shop lip liner (my colour is discontinued, the closest available is Hot Date)
- MAC lipstick in Peach Blossom
© This post is copyright of Rachael Divers 2016.